One of my favorite reports has always been the Ad report that details which keywords are converting for which ads.
Consider this: You see an ad yielding a very low conversion rate compared to others in the ad group. Your first instinct may be to pause that ad. However, if you review how ads are performing in relation to each keyword in that ad group, you might just find the ad performs exceptionally well for a specific keyword.
This report is especially helpful when reorganizing keywords into new ad groups during an account restructure. It’s important to keep your best performing ads and this report helps to ensure you do just that.
Here’s how to run the report:
- Navigate to the Ads tab of your desired Ad Group
- Click on the “Columns” drop-down
- Select the columns you want populated in your report (e.g. clicks, cost, converted clicks, etc.) and click Save.
- Click the “Segment” drop-down
- Select Keyword / Placement
And voila, you can view keyword performance for each of your ads, which should look something like this: